Saturday, December 19, 2009

Dog Transports Thanksgiving Weekend and Dec 5

I drove two white American Bulldogs the Saturday after Thanksgiving. They were so sweet! One was Bella, and the other Bonnie, but despite asking the transport, I couldn't figure out which was which. They were both underweight and small - smaller than Maggie and she isn't a large Boxer.

Here is the younger one -she was a pistol! It was cold and I didn't have a lot of time to take pictures, so this is her in mid-shake.

And then when she was done shaking.

Here is the older one. She curled up on the seat next to me while I drove and just fell asleep while I stroked her head. I also put the seat warmer on under her and she enjoyed the extra heat. (She didn't have a lot of body fat - I could see her whole rib cage and her spine.) I think she was exhausted (and hungry) and just wanted to get to her furever home and settle in.

I did another transport on Dec 5. I thought I was picking up 6 mid-sized puppies, but I didn't read the last version of the run sheet when it came out. Surprise! A litter of 7 small puppies were added at the last minute (which I didn't realize until I got to the meeting site). I put the litter of seven in my medium crate, and put the six loose puppies in the back. My barrier is for much larger dogs, so one escaped and attempted to surf the crate while I drove. This is Clancy the adventurous one.
My apologies for the crazy angles. I was driving and trying to take pictures with my SLR camera at the same time. Did I mention it was lightly snowing too?


This is small of the loose six puppies once I got to Catonsville, MD. The beagle is Marie and the other one is I think Kobe. Marie was dominant and I had to stop her from pinning and tussling with Alvin and Kobe at different points of the drive.

From right to left, is Kobe (I think), Korbin and Alvin. They all were super curious and wanted to get out and explore. There was one more dog - Jace but I think she was hiding when I tried to take pictures.
Sorry for the blurry pic of Korbin.


These are five of the seven pups from the same litter. All but one of the puppies where brown - there was one black puppy who was really shy and stayed in the back of the crate while I moved the rest.




After Clancy made a break from the back of the 4Runner, I plopped him on my lap for the ride. I tried to get some pictures, but he kept hiding her head around my body and under arm. He was sooo sweet! I almost stole him from the transport and brought him home. He was so snuggly and cuddly.



Here is Clancy again with the son of the driver of the next leg. I think Clancy stayed on his lap for the trip to Delaware.

All in all, a good two weekends of driving and me putting the 4Runner to good use. I'm not driving for the rest of the year. Next year I'll probably do more driving and try to remember to take more pictures. It helps me to remember all the dogs that are going to find new homes.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hey, you updated your blog! More, please.

What cute puppies! I can see why you wanted to keep Clancy, but he already looks like a handful.
-Suzanne

omabove said...

Clothing Apps in India for Android