Monday, July 06, 2009

Return to the Living with a Crash

Finally finished moving on July 2. That's when I picked up my bike from the parking garage and turned in the keys to the old landlord. And let me just say, I'm exhausted. I spent the 3 day weekend for the 4th of July napping, sleeping late, napping, hitting a light pole in a completely empty parking lot in front of Burger King, napping, sleeping late, and catching up on 2 weeks worth of The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and Chelsea Lately.

After hitting the light pole, my vehicle looked like a drunk car. I figured if I drove into DC for the fireworks at night, I would have been pulled over in a heartbeat. My poor 4Runner is below.




On the other hand, I finally was removed from the Bad Renters Banned List from Enterprise. There was a small incident back in 2004 where I rented a Envoy from Enterprise, let Dean drive it (even though he wasn't an authorized driver), and he got into a small fender bender. Where the New Orleans Police were called and filed a report. And Enterprise was notified. And I was banned. Originally, I thought it took 7 years to get off their list, but I guess it was only 5. Yeah me!


I'm driving a Ford Fusion, and it doesn't get really great gas mileage. On the other hand, it's got some serious pep. Serious pep. But the seat is designed for someone about 4 inches taller in the torso from me - essentially, not for a short person. There is a reason why I drove a Honda and now a Toyota. The seats are designed for someone my height.


Anyway, the 4Runner should be done next week. Did I mention I crashed it the day after I got it detailed? Super detailed? They steam cleaned the head liner and overhead! Argh.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

The Forerunner gets better mileage than the Fusion?

kokopellireader said...

No, the Fusion gets about 22 miles to the gallon around town, and the 4Runner gets between 18-20 miles to the gallon. I guess you got to pay for all that pep somehow ...